Monday, December 5, 2011

Trash calendar - no 5: Making a reading nook

My Advent calendar:
 I challenge myself to each day till Christmas fill a bag with stuff from this house and trash it,
either to the dustbin or recycling or charity, but it has to leave the house.




I barely made it in time today, but no 5 is for my daughter's room.
It's so crowded with toys and desperately need a trashing.
Usually I'd like my daughter to participate in sorting her room and toys but it's not easy. 
All the things she hasn't played with for a while, and which I think we can pass on, she throws herself at
as if it's a long lost favourite.
She never wants to part with any of her toys.

Her room is so overdue for a sort out and this time I have to admit I didn't ask her permission - I just did it on my own.

Before

Donated


After

I rearranged one of two book cases and it now holds the collections of  both tiaras and microphones, which my daughter seems never to get enough of:)
I've made a little reading nook of the extra duvet and pillow.  I hope it will be nice for her to cuddle up there with a book or Barbie.


And so my daughter has an organized Billy for some of her toys and collections.
And I've lost the fifth load of trash!

And by the way - I've got a new header.
It was time to change the summery pink flower for something more winterish.

No comments:

Post a Comment